spaces in paths in bash, and the FAQ

John J. Lee jjl@pobox.com
Wed Oct 3 06:46:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Norman Vine wrote:

> John J. Lee writes:
[...]
> Just curious --
> But is there some reason you are not using the Cygwin compiled
> version of Python when working in the Cygwin enviroment ??
>
> FYI: It reflects the underlying Cygwin POSIX enviroment
> whereas the MSC compiled version doesn't.

Yes, I'm using a lot of Python extensions which I might have to recompile
if I used cygwin python -- and a couple are C++, MSVC-only.  I also have
the impression (but maybe I'm wrong) that there is some overhead involved
in using programs that are linked against the cygwin dll, which I'm not
keen on (I'm doing numerical stuff).

John