AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linke d to dll's

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Sun Nov 11 08:26:00 GMT 2001

Hallo Peter,

2001-11-15 11:59:48, du schriebst:

> libxml2/libxslt builds out of the box for me.
> I build from cvs sources.
> I have not tried building with shared libraries.

Yes, but I need them shared:(
I get stackdumps e.g. for $ xsltproc -V and that is bad.

> You need recent autoconf/automake/libtool though.

> Canonical site
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/

> There's a number of libtool ports available:

> Are there any advantages to any of these?

Mine is build from unpatched 1.4.2 source, builds OOTB passes
all tests, this version uses dlltool et al to build dll's in the
old style, but it still works (sometimes).

> Are there any advantages to building libtool from the 1.4.2 source?

It should be no difference if you pick mine or build it yourself.
The patched version may be a little bit easier to handle because
some incompatibilities between the autotools which were adressed there.

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328