Bash echoing terminal input in Xemacs term-mode

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Wed May 30 05:45:00 GMT 2001

I'm trying to run in an XEmacs TERM session.  The documentation says that
term-mode makes no attempt to echo or do anything else with the input -- it
relies on the program doing the read.

Is there a switch or SET flag or whatever that would cause bash to echo
_per_keystroke_ ?
As it is, it repeats the line after I type <CR>.  That's late the way I type!

I imagine it might depend on whether bash does a TERMINFO on the terminal,
and what it gets for results in this case.  Doesn't the same problem exist
with an XTERM session also?

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:< http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit >
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]