The heating on notebook

Mike Gingell mgingell@accesswave.ca
Mon May 28 04:26:00 GMT 2001

At 10:26 PM 5/26/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>But, on an additional serious note.  I was thinking about this problem
>as I was on my way to get a dryer hose today.  I yelled "Aha!" and my
>wife looked at me funny and then sighed.  I have no idea why.

I have never figured out this behavior either....

>I'll see if I can get something like this into 1.3.3.  I'll probably
>ask for testers before I do this, though.

Cool!  Your analysis is right on!  The extra CPU cycles are consuming
energy, with the effect of  generating heat.  You should get special
recognition from California.  The amount of energy that you will save could
alleviate the power shortage problems, and contribute to the free world's
safety.....

  - Mike