About Cygwin 1.0 (check out http://cygwin.com/bugs.html )

Craig McGeachie craig@rhe.com.au
Sun May 27 17:00:00 GMT 2001

On 27 May 2001, at 19:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> You realize that this is one of many "Cygwin is really really
> really really really really really really great, but..." messages,
> right?

I do.  And if I had enough gumption to get of my fat arse, read the
source code, recompile with debugging symbols, and then run the
debugger, then I'd have a lot more respect for myself.

> What Ctrl-C handling are you complaining about?  I just searched the
> archives and I've seen nothing from you about this subject.  Or, at
> least there was nothing for the last couple of months.

I have no idea what Ctrl-C handling I'm talking about.  As noted
previously, I haven't done any research.  When (if) I do, I'll let
the world know if I find anything useful.

Perhaps I should clarify the intent of my last paragraph.  It was an
oblique reference to the fact that many problems in the Cygwin
distribution can solved with self help, and that anyone who just
bitches and whines deserves less than they get.  Mostly, though, I
think I wanted to point out that self help is possible.  Right at
this very moment, I should be trying to work out why the iPlanet App
Server upgrade causes our application to die.  Support is not forth
coming, and right now I would be extremely grateful to have the
source code so I could recompile and run it through a source line
debugger.

Perhaps my message was more along the lines of "Cygwin is really
really really really really really really really great, and...  "

I dunno.  Maybe I really shouldn't be wasting the bandwidth.