Problem with DBI build, extra <CR> in generated source file.

Mark Allan Young myoung@intrinsic.com
Wed May 23 11:02:00 GMT 2001

I've looked through the archives and seen a number of messages
regarding this problem that allude to a potentially forthcoming
solution and to other messages in the archive, but nothing
conclusive.  What's interesting below is the fact that we
were both running 1.1.8 cygwin with perl5.6.1, and it seemed
to work on my system until I reinstalled the perl distribution
using the cygwin setup program...

I had build the DBI-1.15 distribution from CPAN on my system
running 1.1.8 with perl 5.6.1.

when I turned the source over to one of the other engineers
here, he tried to build it and had syntax errors in generated
source files.

When I looked through the source files, I found "\r\r\n"
combinations at the ends of some of the lines in the files.

If I remove the '\r' characters from the files, it builds
fine.

I went back to my own system and used the cygwin setup
program to remove the perl installation from my system,
then reinstalled it.  Now I'm having the same problem.

The software generates a C source file for an xs file using
the tool xsubpp.

I can't remember what I might have changed in my own
distribution that would have affected this.  can anyone
shed any light on this?

thanks.

...myoung