changing terminal colours

David Larsson (ERA) David.Larsson@era.ericsson.se
Thu May 17 07:45:00 GMT 2001

I had problems changing terminal colors if I changed them from the already opened cygwin terminal window. As soon as I started typing the old colors appeared on the new text. I solved the problem by changing the colors on the shortcut that starts cygwin so now it works fine for me, in vim too.

Hope this will help.

///David

-----Original Message-----
From: Alun Moon [ mailto:alun.moon@unn.ac.uk ]
Sent: den 17 maj 2001 12:54
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: changing terminal colours

Hi all,
I'm running cygwin on an NT machine.

The default shell starts up with light text on a dark background.

If I change the colours from the DOS-window properties menu, then
although the colours change, things like the syntax highlighting in
vim don't respond to the changes...

What's the mechanism for changing the colours within cygwin?

Many thanks

Alun