Keyboard handling, and CygWin 1.3.1

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz
Tue May 15 14:44:00 GMT 2001

From: "Steven Green" <steven@greenius.co.uk>

> Can someone familiar with the CygWin spurce code, point me towards where
the
> keyboard handling is done, so I can see what changed between versions.  I
> checked code out from CVS but can not find where keyboard stuff is done.
> What I don't understand is how programs like Vim (which presumably use
> Cygwin.dll) handle the pipe key properly, but Bash doesn't.... but it was
by
> downgrading Cygwin.dll that made it work again, which points towards
Cygwin
> being the culprit rather than Bash.

In February this year there was an extensive discussion of Cygwin's handling
of the AltGr key and a patch was submitted. This is an obvious place to
look. I suggest you look at this message

and/or search on the list archive for "AltGr"

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield@niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research