[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bash-2.05-4

Frank-Michael Moser moser@decodon.com
Thu May 3 10:41:00 GMT 2001

This I read in the news file of the bash2.05-3 release.

c.  `complete' and `compgen' now take a `-o value' option,
which controls some of the aspects of that compspec.
Valid values are:

 default - perform bash default completion if programmable
           completion produces no matches
 dirnames - perform directory name completion if programmable
            completion produces no matches
 filenames - tell readline that the compspec produces filenames,
             so it can do things like append slashes to
             directory names and suppress trailing spaces

Probably these changes could cause my problem. Mayby the effect
only occurs under some circumstances.

Beside this I use the complete-builtin in my .bashrc, too:

  complete -df -W \
    "add admin annotate checkout commit diff \
     edit editors export history import init \
     log login rdiff release remove rtag \
     status tag unedit update watch)" cvs
  complete -A helptopic help
  complete -c which
  complete -fc .

If you are interested in evaluating this issue I would like to help
you by giving needed information to you.

Otherwise I will wait and hope, that the problem goes away with
version 2.xy-z.

Frank-Michael.