inetd logins

Michael Howard mhoward@tropicnetworks.com
Fri Mar 23 13:41:00 GMT 2001

Hi
Corinna,

I have been
trying to get inetd working on my win2k system.   I am starting it
from the command line with /usr/sbin/inetd.exe -d.  Everything works find
and it creates all the ports according to my
/etc/inetd.conf.

When I try to
telnet, ftp, tftp, etc... I get the correct prompt but none of the passwords
work.  Every login attempt fails.  It looks like inetd is not reading
the passwd file correctly.  I've tried regenerating this file several times
and playing around with the entries but no luck.

I'm sure I'm
just doing something wrong.  I've read the mail archives and the FAQs and
can't find anything that I've failed to do.  Could you possibly give me a
hint on what can get this working?

Thanks

Mike