conversion of pC fortran to unix cgis

VicKasper@cs.com VicKasper@cs.com
Sat Mar 10 10:51:00 GMT 2001

Hi:

I recently downloaded Cygwin and GNU FORTRAN 77 for Win98.  I have some older
FORTRAN programs that I developed on a PC that I want to convert to CGIs to
be used on a Unix machine.  I am not a professional programmer.  I am a
social scientist and just want to use FORTRAN for developing teaching tools
and for my research.  I program to some extent in early forms of FORTRAN 77
and have FORTRAN programs that I want to use as cgis on my website at
Polytechnic University.  I have been looking for a way to convert some of my
older FORTRAN programs to cgi's that could be transferred to my Unix site at
the University.
    I have converted some of these to c programs using lcc-win32 that
converts FORTRAN to c.  These programs worked in a PC win 98 environment
using a simulated server (savant) on my PC.  When I transferred these
programs to my Unix site they did not work.  I tried uploading the c programs
and f programs form my PC to the Unix and recompiling.  This did not seem to
work.  Will the Cygwin and or GNU FORTRAN allow me to attempt to develop
FORTRAN cgi's on my PC that I could transfer to a Unix as a Cgi?  I have also
downloaded the cygwin program.  Would that program give me that capability?
I am seeking some assistance from on campus sources but I thought I would try
to check out this program and additional sources of help.  I have only
scanned the FAQ's at your side.  The topics that seemed to be listed and
related to my questions did not clarify the issues at least to me.

                                            Thanks for any help,

                                                Victor Kasper