#define Win32_Winsock fails in 1.1.8

Matt.Brozowski@tavve.com Matt.Brozowski@tavve.com
Thu Mar 8 15:59:00 GMT 2001

I'll get right on it but it may take me a few days.

Matt

                    Earnie Boyd
                    <earnie_boyd@yahoo.co        To:     Matt.Brozowski@tavve.com
                    m>                           cc:     cygwin@cygwin.com
                    Sent by:                     Subject:     Re: #define Win32_Winsock fails in 1.1.8
                    cygwin-owner@sources.
                    redhat.com

                    03/08/01 04:45 PM
                    Please respond to
                    Earnie Boyd

Matt.Brozowski@tavve.com wrote:

> I'm definitely not using WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.   In fact I've run the file
> through gcc -E and found that the appropriate headers ARE being included
> the problem is that sys/types.h is ALSO being included and should NOT be
> until AFTER winsock.h is included.  It is unfortunately included before.
> The header files are VERY complicated and I don't know the conventions
that
> are used to ensure they work consistently.  I am more than happy to
develop
> a patch.  Is there anywhere that defines the header file conding
> conventions that I can read so I can be sure not to screw something else
> up.

Matt, can you please provide a simple test case?

Earnie.