cygwin process internals

François Kilchoer francois.kilchoer@eif.ch
Thu Jun 28 06:43:00 GMT 2001

 Hello,

We're trying to execute co-routines using cygwin (version 1.3.2), and
run into a stack violation problem.  The questions we're asking are

   1) who performs stack overflow checking ?  is it cygwin, or
indirectly by windows ?

   2) where is the upper limit of the stack stored ?  can it be
modified  ?  who sets it up ?

   3) is this done differently for windows 98 and windows NT ?

   4) where can we find documentation about the execution of a win32
process (i.e. what happens when a function gets called; what goes on
with the stack frame ?)

Any help or pointers to information is appreciated !

Thanks