Cygwin: Open or Closed System? (was: two problems with cygwin's zip)

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 10:19:00 GMT 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 01:11:57PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>i'm satisfied for now that the polarization against win32 wildcards is
>>such that only a patch which can be analyzed would even have a chance
>>of changing any opinions.  expect that the issue may re-arise and
>>include some code for consideration in a month or two.
>
>I'm sorry that that statement caused you to feel that way.  It was
>a very poor choice of language on my part.

Hah!  Poor reading skills strike again.  I didn't fully parse your words above.

You are 100% correct.  A patch is without a doubt the most persuasive argument
you can offer.

cgf