pthreads works, sorta

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Tue Jun 26 21:56:00 GMT 2001

Is your app cpu bound/sync or contention bound/ or io bound? (for that
25% ?)

Also other cygwin internals use VirtualQuery. I'm going to look into all
instances of VirtualQuery :]

As pthread-win32 is coded by some pretty clued up folk, (and we've met
their speed :} ) I wouldn't hold much hope of shaving more time off from
pthreads. CriticalSections may help. Profiling your app is probably
essential. (to understand where in cygwin/pthreads things need tuning).

Rob