I found where to download NT Resource Kit

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 26 13:40:00 GMT 2001

Clark Sims wrote:

> >Anyway, the cygwin 'kill' command can be used to kill native windows
> >processes.  Also, the cygrunsrv program can be used to replace both
> >instsrv and srvany -- and better yet, cygrunsrv groks cygwin, so it
> >works better than srvany when used with cygwin daemons.  Like sshd.
> >

> What does groks mean?

To understand deeply.  Read "Stranger in a strange land" by Robert
Heinlein (a scifi classic).

> What does "works better, mean"?

It can add the appropriate registry entries itself, rather than
instructing the user to use regedit to muck around with daemon startup
options..."better" == "easier to use" and "less prone to user error".

> I thought either the daeom worked or it did
> not,  ie. works is a bolean as opposed to continuous.
>
> What are the commands, using cygrunsrv, to replace the NT Reskit commands:
>
> instsrv.exe SecureShellDaemon
> srvany.exe -a mypc\root -p root

I am not going to answer this question.  Look at
/usr/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv*.  Try 'cygrunsrv --help'.  Search the mailing
list archives for 'cygrunsrv'

--Chuck