cp error -- oh the great sanity of *nix tools?!?

Sergey R. Grigoriev remove_serge@physik.uni-augsburg.de
Mon Jun 25 10:30:00 GMT 2001

> ./db_checkpoint -> /usr/sbin/db_checkpoint
> /usr/bin/cp: `./db_checkpoint' and `/usr/sbin/db_checkpoint' are the same

are you sure that "db_checkpoint" exists? Probably
"db_checkpoint.exe"?
There is difference *nix->windows exicutable name...
check you makefile for ".exe"-suffix

(the same problem one can see with GCC-3.0/FASTJAR/jar.exe-executable -
to do
install one need was nessesary to edit one of makefiles manually and add
".exe"
to filename (once in  "bin_PROGRAMS=jar", and once more in "jar: ").
I believe something was wrong in configure-script...)

Serge