Building "real" Windows Aps

David A. Cobb superbiskit@home.com
Sun Jun 24 14:19:00 GMT 2001

Just off the top of my head, and way outside my own capacity to implement;
but, would it be feasible to create some sort of "wrapper" program that
would provide the WinMain and like entry points to a cygwin ap such as
RXVT?  Maybe it would need to be a spec to GCC, but I would think just a
generic WinMain object that would call __main (or whatever the external
name of the ap's entry) and be linked into the executable to make it a
Windows ap.

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate, All around nice guy.
Get my PGP key at
:< http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=superbiskit >
Fingerprint=0x{6E3E_DB8C_2E8C_4248_62B2_FE29_08EE_CF0A_3629_E954}
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner."
--The Way of a Pilgrim, R. M. French [tr.]