Window position

Ehud Karni ehud@unix.simonwiesel.co.il
Thu Jun 21 04:38:00 GMT 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:16:04 -0400, Ken Collins <kcollins@pinksheets.com> wrote:

> One of the features I'm really missing in Cygwin is the ability to
> reposition the terminal window (either console or rxvt) using echo, with
> something like this:
>
> echo -n "\033[3;9;17t"
>
> Is this a feature that's missing in termcaps?

It has nothing to do with the termcap or terminfo, since you are echoing
directly. Anyway, THERE IS direct addressing capability in both console
and rxvt and it is the same string - "\E[<line>;<column>H". Both line
and column start from 1. e.g. to position to line 10, column 30 you
should do: echo -en "\033[10;30H"

BTW. The terminfo capability name is "cup". You can do infocmp (like I
did) and see its definition.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni     Mivtach - Simon  Insurance   /"\
 Tel: +972-3-6212-757 Fax: +972-3-6292-544   \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign