Cygwin + Debian

bmj2001 bmj2001@bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 20 22:56:00 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[ mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of bmj2001
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 4:56 PM
To: Christophe Prud'homme; Andrej Borsenkow
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: Cygwin + Debian

It does sound cool.
Where can I check it out?

-----Original Message-----
From: cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com
[ mailto:cygwin-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Christophe
Prud'homme
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2001 8:47 AM
To: Andrej Borsenkow
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com

* Andrej Borsenkow  [Mercredi 20 Juin 2001 05:38 am ]  :

  > Do you have the slightest idea what Cygwin and Debian are?
actually yes I do and as a matter of fact many people
found the idea interesting on the debian side
this has been discussed, it seems, some time ago in the past
and there is a mailing list debian-win32

I think that it is you who fail to see the interesting/cool idea here.
Imagine that you have access to the cygwin/win32 packages through the
debian packaging system. Now it is entirely possible that for some
technical reason it might be really a pain to do that but then I think it is
a interesting to look at the feasibility of this idea.

Again the idea is to use dpkg/apt to update the cygwin apps/libs stuff,
upgrade packages,
and install new packages ...

regards
C.