compiling php for cygwin

Stipe Tolj tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wed Jun 20 10:06:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm the apache and php port maintaner for the Cygwin platform.

> both php-4.0.4pl1 and php-4.0.5 get the following compile errors
>
> datetime.c: In function `php_mktime':
> datetime.c:186: wrong type argument to unary minus
> datetime.c: In function `php_date':
> datetime.c:436: invalid operands to binary /
> datetime.c:436: invalid operands to binary %
> datetime.c:444: wrong type argument to unary minus
> datetime.c:444: wrong type argument to unary minus
> datetime.c:497: invalid operands to binary /
> datetime.c:498: invalid operands to binary %
> make[3]: *** [datetime.lo] Error 1

for php-4.0.4pl1 and php-4.0.5 you have to ensure that you pass -UWINNT for every gcc
call made by make, because the sources support the native Win32 compile too.

Use the attached patch to see what needs to be done. - I'm currently working on
php-4.0.5 and will post an announcement of the diffs and source, binary packages as
they are available.

> Any help would be appreciated...  btw I'm trying to compile as an executable not an
> apache DSO module

why not -- it works fine with advanced patches I made recently :)) -- to be announced.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG

Münsterstr. 248