A question on cygwin

Kumar, Narendira n_kumar@trillium.com
Tue Jun 12 19:17:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

I'm Narendira from LA. I had a question with cygwin environment. I would be
very grateful to you, if you looked into it.

I'm currently using cygwin to compile a product on WinNt. In prior, the same
product was successfully compiled for SunOS.

With Cygwin environment, the compilation is through, but problem starts when
linking. I have specified linking options "-lpthread -lposix4 -lsocket" (as
valid for SunOS), which as a result with cygwin env. has no relevant library
files. The equivalent files in Sun machines would be "libpthread.so,
libposix4.so, libsocket.a".

Can you please suggest to workaround this problem. Thanks indeed.

Narendira