Issue calling COM function(s)

Paul K Gleske pkg@gleske.org
Tue Jun 12 08:49:00 GMT 2001

I'm having trouble porting a VC++ based windows project to a GCC based
project.  Don't ask why, it just is.

My issue is one of the first (the first?) COM function I call is
CreateStreamFromHGlobal.  This function seems to work, but I get a segv on
the first method call on the stream (IStream->Stat).  It seems that the
vtable might be wrong.

Is this something basic I'm missing here?  I noticed a current message
referring to the -no-cygwin compile flag and discussion of www.minwg.org.  I
am confused however about the relationship of cygwin to minwg, and how to
move between them.

If I'm trying to do a "real" Windows program, no unix/POSIX stuff needed,
should I be using a different implementation of gcc?

tia,

-pkg