inetd under Win95 OSR2.5

Tim Chick tchick@virata.com
Tue Jun 5 13:00:00 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Chick" <tchick@virata.com>
To: "Cygwin Users" <cygwin@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 6:04 PM
Subject: Re: inetd under Win95 OSR2.5

> I've just done some checking,at it appears that the following happens:
>
> inetd runs telnetd
> telnetd performs a getpeername on stream 0
>
> This call fails with the error 108 = ENOTSOCK
>
> So I guess there is some problem with mapping STDIN to a socket
> on Win95
>
> What else can I try? Anyone who understands this stuff have any
> ideas?
>
> Tim

It appears that:

blah
ns = accept(...)
getpeername(ns, ...) -> Successful, and gets right answer
dup2(ns,0)
getpeername(0, ...) -> Fails with ENOTSOCK

Thats about as far as I can get with this! I looked at the cygwin
dll source, and it is way too scary :-)

My guess is either SetStdHandle does not work for sockets under Win95,
or the cygwin magic which figures out what a handle is before duplicating
it is wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Tim