compiling problems... some question like this probably already answered...

Aaron Long-Jordan alongjordan@prodigy.net
Mon Jun 4 00:32:00 GMT 2001

I attempted to compile BitchX for use on cygwin. During make, I got the
following errors:
/usr/include/sys/types.h:131: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/sys/types.h:135: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/sys/types.h:141: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/string.h:25: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
'memomp'
/usr/include/string.h:26: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
'memopy'
/usr/include/string.h:31: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
'stromp'
/usr/include/string.h:33: warning: conflicting types for built-in function
'stropy'

As I am relatively new to make, and c compilers in general, I am a bit lost
as to what these errors mean. The INSTALL text file that comes with the
BitchX sources state that it is known to compile under cygwin.

As a semi-educated guess, I would think that these errors point to certain
lines or function calls with the header files types.h and string.h.

Does this mean that I have some how downloaded bad header files, or that
they have somehow been corrupted by my machine? If so how do I remedy this?

Aaron Long-Jordan

p.s. thanks for any help on this...