Note: OFF-LIST Re: "trivial"

Eric M. Monsler emonsler@beamreachnetworks.com
Fri Jun 1 08:14:00 GMT 2001

Earnie,

Yes, anyone who searches can find the answer.  I did so myself, after
reading the entire user's guide and knowing that mkpasswd was somehow
involved.

By "trivial", I meant that a cygwin newbie, scanning the FAQ questions
and the User's Guide Table of Contents, would not find the mkpasswd -l
command, and would not know about the -d switch.

As a lurker on the cygwin list, that's about all I expect the typical
new user to check before posting.  I wish it were otherwise.

Eric