mkpasswd - mkgroup inconsistency in W2K Professional (cron problem)

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Thu Jul 26 16:16:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 02:06:22AM +0300, posting-list@mailAndNews.com wrote:
> > > Is the generaton of mkpasswd and mkgroup correct? I wonder
> > > why the Administrator is put to group "none", gid 513 ?
> >
> > That's correct. On stand-alone machines (no domain) all users
> > are in group 513 including admin. If you don't want that, you
> > can change it in /etc/passwd according to the documentation
> > http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html
>
> Hm. I changed the content as suggested in the pages. Do you see any errors?
>
> > > This relates to cron problem that I'm trying to debug, what is
> > > the cause of the error and how can I help to fix it?
> > >
> > > 	//Administrator@W2KPICASSO /cygdrive/g $ cron
> > > 	seteuid: Not owner
> >
> > That's probably already fixed in the latest developer snapshots.
> >
> > Corinna
> >

> Unfortunately no, I installed cygwin1-20010725.dll and run cron again.
> Same answer. How can I help more to check this out?

>From the command line? It's very likely that you don't have the
appropriate privileges. Note that admin users don't have that
permissions by default. Try starting cron as service from
cygrunsrv (according to the README) under SYSTEM account.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.