FW: [gdal-dev] GDAL 1.1.5 Beta 1

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Tue Jul 17 22:11:00 GMT 2001

FYI
GDAL - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
home page at
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal

GDAL is a translator library for raster geospatial data formats that is
released under an Open Source license. As a library, it presents a
single abstract data model to the calling application for all supported
formats

-----Original Message-----
From: warmerda@spitfire.velocet.net
[ mailto:warmerda@spitfire.velocet.net ] On Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 2:32 PM
To: gdal-dev
Cc: Steve Lime
Subject: [gdal-dev] GDAL 1.1.5 Beta 1

Folks,

I have prepared a first beta for a hopefully soon to come GDAL 1.1.5
release.
Anyone interested in a smooth GDAL 1.1.5 release is encouraged to download
and try configuring and building GDAL 1.1.5.

  ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal-1.1.5b1.tar.gz

Amoung other things I have done a bunch of work to ensure GDAL can be built
fairly smoothly on Cygwin environments.  I will prepare a more detailed list
of new features before a final 1.1.5 release.

It is my hope that this release will coincide approximatley with the
MapServer
3.5 release, which now uses GDAL.  It also includes the many fixes Ben has
requested for VTP.

Best regards,

--
warmerdam@pobox.com