updatdb & rxvt (was: Re: newbie qns)

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Tue Jul 17 14:45:00 GMT 2001

Am 17 Jul 2001, um 16:23 hat Arafat Mohamed geschrieben:

Hi Arafat,

> I have 2 qns i need help with.
>
> 1) I can use locate but not updatedb. What is the equivalent of
> updatedb in cygwin?

It is not included in findutils which comes with cygwin.
You could get it elsewhere, built it for yourself or get my binary:
http://familiehaase.de/cygwin.html

> 2) Why can't I get color syntaxing when I use rxvt? I can use it fine
> in a normal cygwin shell

Hmmm, i am at win98, it works fine with vim and also if i do ls.
I did nothing special. I remember having problems too at NT with vim
syntax highlighting which i was not able to resolve.

Unfortunately i cannot call rxvt from a shortcut here at Win98, but
it works well if i start it from a shell window with this command:

$ rxvt.exe -geometry 90x30 -bg black -fg grey -cr red -sr -sl 400 \
   -fn "Lucida Console-14" -tn cygwin -ls -e bash --login -i

gph

--
=^..^=