Questions!

Corinna Vinschen cygwin@cygwin.com
Fri Jul 13 14:02:00 GMT 2001

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:28:55PM -0500, Rafael Avalos Pelayo wrote:
> Dear Friends:
>
> I would like to know if with this new version there are support for fifos
> (named pipes), I mean mkfifo funtion is available?

There have been plans to implement named pipes since more than
two years. Robert Collins was working on sth. in the first quarter
but it's really tricky stuff since they aren't implemented at all
in 9x/ME and they are implemented way different from POSIX in NT/W2K.

So the answer is "no" for the next Cygwin release.

Just so that nobody forgets it: Patches gratefully accepted.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.