Bug In Mount? (Bug in read()?)

Josh Schulte jschulte@equilibrium.com
Mon Jan 29 16:03:00 GMT 2001

Correct me if I am wrong. \r\n are at the end of every line in a dos
text file. mounting stuff in binmode causes calls to the system call
read() to return the line as if there was only a \n at the end. mounting
stuff in textmode causes calls to the system call read() to return the
line as if there was only a \n at the end.

I am getting \r\n regardless of what mode I have the directories mounted
as when I read from perl, as demonstrated by the script below. I have
recreated the problem on two computers now. Can anyone else recreate
this problem? Is it a bug in cygwin?

There is only one perl on my system. (Earnie: The /usr/local/bin/perl is
a link I create for backward compatability in some of my other scripts.)
I did a search of the entire system just to double check. So that is not
the problem.

Thanks for any help,
Josh

> PERL SCRIPT