Questions about Cygwin's setup...

Masterson, Dave dmasters@rational.com
Wed Jan 24 17:21:00 GMT 2001

I have a few questions about the setup of Cygwin:

*	If you use the Setup.exe program to install Cygwin, does that update
the Windows-NT registry in any meaningful way?
*	Could I use the Setup program to install Cygwin on a Windows-NT
share and would that be immediately useable by others (assuming they update
their PATH variables)?
*	If I use Setup to update this share (assuming its quiet), would
users need to do something (like fix their registry)?
*	Does Setup remove old files during update?
*	Can Setup update itself?
*	What is the latest version of Setup (I have 2.6)?

David Masterson
*	Rational Software
*	18880 Homestead Rd.
*	Cupertino, CA  95014