Another Ncurses issue [WAS: Re: Problems with talk utility from inetutils]

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 19 09:14:00 GMT 2001

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> > It doesn't compile with termcap. It depends on curses. If curses
> > (or ncurses) isn't available on a system, talk and talkd are not
> > build. IMHO, the ncurses package should be moved from contrib to
> > latest anyway.
> >

> I agree.  Also, a /etc/postinstall script to clean up /usr/include would
> be nice.  Forgive me if you've already thought of this.

Are you talking about an /etc/postinstall script as part of ncurses?
(e.g. Are you talking to me?)  If so, I don't think it's necessary: when
upgrading a package, setup *unintalls* all files related to the old
version, and then installs the new version.  That should clean up any
cruft from ncurses in /usr/include, right?

--Chuck