cygwin 1.1.6 bug on Windows 2000

Burns, Ken Ken.Burns@softwareag.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 08:07:00 GMT 2001

Hello,

When I try and run 'awk' from a TC-Shell in cygwin 1.1.6 on Windows 2000, I
get a "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem" error (see attached Windows bitmap).

 <<error.bmp>>
For example, if it try

	awk '{print $2}' data

using the attached data file, the error will occur.

 <<data>>
I have repeated this on a number of different PC's (Windows 2000, cygwin
1.1.6) with the same results.

Regards
Ken Burns

   ####
 ###### -------------------------------------------------------+
 ###     Ken Burns             :  ken.burns@softwareag.co.uk   |
    ###  Software AG (UK) Ltd  :       Tel: +44 (0)1332 611185 |
 ####

--
The content of this e-mail is confidential, may contain privileged material
and is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above. If you receive this

Software AG (UK) Limited
Registered in England & Wales 1310740
Registered Office: Hudson House, Hudson Way,
Pride Park, Derby DE24 8HS