Failed to open

Weilian Su weilian@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 17 14:00:00 GMT 2001

Hello:

	I used the setup.exe program to install Cygwin v1.1.x
from the web on my laptop running window 98 recently.  I also followed
the instruction on the web to download XFree86 4.0.  I also downloaded
the xfig package.

	I also have exceed running on my laptop.  I believe
the exceed which I am using supports X11R6.  I am not sure
if that exceed version supports X11R6.3 or X11R6.4.  The document just
says it supports X11R6.

	I lauched exceed and then launched the Cygwin shell.
I set DISPLAY to localhost:0.0.  When I lauched xterm or
xfig, it is complaining:

	"Failed to open input method."

	and then it does a core dump and exits. When I lauch
xclock, it is ok and the clock is ticking.

	I am not sure what is wrong, please advise.

	Also,I could not find "xfree86-4.0-rgb.tar.bz2" file
in the download directory for XFree86 4.0.  Please advise
on this as well.

--
Sincerely,

Weilian