Problem with F:/ and /cygdrive/f/

Joey Mukherjee joey@swri.org
Fri Jan 12 08:56:00 GMT 2001

I have a program which works perfectly when I tell it to read from a file at
/cygdrive/f/ .  However, when I set the directory to F:/, the program no
longer works.

The program is a simple dumper for one of our data files and it takes the
name of the data file on the command line.  Now, when debugging everything
looks fine.  The open succeeds, but the read starts reading garbage after
the first read.

This seemed really odd to me since I would figure the open would take care
of any filename conversions.

Thanks for any insight on what my problem might be...

Joey