Perl bug with DOS file line endings?

Ian Puleston ipuleston@tutsys.com
Thu Jan 11 16:12:00 GMT 2001

I've discovered that problem this doesn't happen if I specify the default
file format to be Unix when I install perl. However, specifying that on a
system that's using only DOS format files would seem somewhat
counter-intuitive?

I suspect that this is actually a bug and doing the above simply avoids it.

Ian