xterm-like terminal emulator

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 11 15:57:00 GMT 2001

Dan Lipofsky wrote:

> But the cutting seems to be pretty buggy.
> I can cut once and paste to any application.
> But subsequent cuts do not seem to make it
> to the windows clipboard ... I can paste it into
> other rxvt windows, but when I try to paste it
> into a windows app I get the old cut.  When I
> cut from a windows app that seems to reset the
> clipboard so I can do another rxvt cut.
>
> Can other rxvt users confirm this behavior?
> If not, what version are you using?  I am using 2.7.2.

I assume you're talking about the cygutils ('normal cygwin' + X) build
of rxvt.  If that's the case, I *think* I've seen similar behavior --
but since I normally cut-n-paste only between rxvt windows and only
rarely between native and rxvt, it hasn't bugged me enough to track it
down.

> Also, the only way I can seem to run rxvt and get the results I want is
> to have a batch file like
>         C:
>         chdir \cygwin\bin
>         bash --noprofile --norc -c "rxvt ..."
> But this involves making two bash instances per shot.
> It doesn't seem to work right if I don't call it through bash.
> Anyone got a better way?

I've never investigated it even that thoroughly.  I almost sure that
you've discovered a clue, but for the life of me I don't know what it
means.... :-(

--Chuck