xterm-like terminal emulator

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 11 14:52:00 GMT 2001

Patrick Doyle wrote:

> Try
> http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html
>
> This is an implementation of RXVT (which is more or less a stripped down
> version of xterm) that is implemented on top of a nifty version of the X
> library, which translates the X windowing function calls into Windows
> windowing function calls.
>
> Anyway, it works for me.

But AFAIRC, it doesn't do "unix-like" cut and paste (e.g.
mouse-highlight and middle-button-click), which is what Dan wants.
<plug> Try the rxvt port at CygUtils
( http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/ </plug>.  It
needs an Xserver though -- you can configure the cygwin-xfree server NOT
to call a window manager I think, or you can use the demo version of
starnet's X-Win32 server ( http://www.starnet.com )  It'll run for an
unlimited number of two-hour sessions which isn't too much of a
restriction.

--Chuck