make -mno-win32 the gcc default?

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Wed Jan 10 15:26:00 GMT 2001

At 06:22 PM 1/10/2001, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
><Am 2001-01-11 0:03 wars, als Gerrit P. Haase schrieb:>
>< Re: make -mno-win32 the gcc default >
>
> > Is there no default setting in gcc?
> > Does it switch between both settings, randomly?
>
>BTW, as i tried to compile perl with gcc -mno-win32, some days ago,
>as this was first mentioned, it didn't build OOTB as usual...
>
>I suggest, there will be a lot of applications to be rebuild.

Hm, I would've sworn that Earnie Boyd had said sometime in the last week
or so that Perl did indeed build with -mno-win32.  Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I think its important to point out that this change would not necessitate
any applications being rebuilt.  It's worthwhile to make sure that they
do build and still work as a result but the change itself does not
invalidate existing executables.  Also, for anyone that wants to make
sure that their application would build OK with this change (assuming it
should), its easy to do now just as you did above for Perl.