ls command failing

Ron Joffe rjoffe@yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 19:23:00 GMT 2001

I have a new install of cygwin on an NT4.0 Server

In NT I have a share mapped to the nt o: drive

I have created a mount for o:. The mount command outputs the following:

Device              Directory           Type         Flags
C:\cygwin\bin       /usr/bin            system       binmode
C:\cygwin\lib       /usr/lib            system       binmode
C:\cygwin           /                   system       binmode
o:                  /o                  user         textmode

I have created a small bash script, which contains the following:

#! c:\cygwin\bin\bash
ls /o/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/files
exit

The /o/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/files is the directory path.

The bash script is executed from a windows command prompt as

c:\> bash shell_file.sh

the return is:

ls: /o/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/files: No such file or directory

if I change the shell script to:

#! c:\cygwin\bin\bash
cd /o/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/files
ls
exit

It works just fine and outputs a directory listing.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Ron