creating .lib's with gcc?

Tim Reed timr@viaworks.com
Thu Jan 4 13:52:00 GMT 2001

I'm writing some code in Visual C++ and I'd like to link in code compiled
by the cygwin environment's version of gcc. All of the header files seem
to work fine in Visual C++ so the next step is linking my gcc compiled
code with the Visual C++ code. All of the cygwin compiled code is in C, no
C++.

Is it possible to create .lib files for Visual C++ to link? How?

I realize that I could just make all of the gcc compiled code into a dll,
but I'd like to statically link if possible.

Thanks.