Is there a criteria on what can be used as a key for .PAG files

Jeff Lu jklcom@mindspring.com
Wed Jan 3 08:31:00 GMT 2001

Hi,

I'm having problem reading the file after updating it with new info.  It
seems to be related to the keys I use.  I get "gdbm fatal: read error"

I'm using -lgdbm to compile
dbm_open, dbm_store, dbm_fetch etc.

For instance, when used DEPT1, DEPT2, DEPT3 etc. for keys for some records.
The file is updated successfully.  I looked in the file all the data are
there.  But I get gdbm fatal: read error when tried to read it.

However, when changed the keys to DP1, DP2, DP3 etc.  everything is fine.

Thanks
-Jeff