Better diagnostics in mmap.cc

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:19:00 GMT 2001

Gene Spleen wrote:

> Short history and explanation:
>
> According to my Makefile, I'm using 1.09
> My purpose of using ipc-daemon is to get postgresql to work
> on NT (4.0).  Unfortunately, fork() is failing trying to remap
> shared memory segments between parent and child.

Oh yeah -- now I remember.  fork + mmap.  Sorry for the chatter; I
forgot about this problem.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix it
-- and no time right now to investigate. (sorry.) I hope you have
success, and be sure to coordinate with the other postgres folks on this
list (Jason Tishler, several others).  Hopefully they will be able to
give you more concrete help than I am able to right now.

--Chuck