building DLLs (was:RE: New user help - dont understand Mount (and the rest))

Markus Hoenicka Markus.Hoenicka@uth.tmc.edu
Mon Feb 26 07:23:00 GMT 2001

Markus Hoenicka writes:
 > This gets me pretty close to what I need. onsgmls runs properly and
 > creates all output that I expect. But instead of exiting gracefully I
 > get a popup reading:
 >
 >   The instruction at "0xWhatever" referenced memory at
 >   "0xSomething". The memory could not be "read".
 >
 >   Click on OK to terminate the application.

Following up on this (and hoping that Chuck's deadline is over :-) I
tried to track this down in gdb, but this didn't exactly enlighten me:

0x61071785 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x61071785 in _size_of_stack_reserve__ ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x2000000

I somehow feel like I'm stuck in the guts of Cygwin here, but the
memory address appears to be bogus (all attempts to get any
information about this address from gdb fail).

I'd like to point out that the statically linked version of onsgmls
works just fine and the dynamically linked version works on other
platforms (incl. native Win32) so I *assume* this is no bug in the SP
code. It's most likely no bug in Cygwin either but building a
functional DLL may require some more tricks. Any ideas?

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka, PhD