cygwin with sockscap32

Charles S. Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 22 09:28:00 GMT 2001

"MADHU,SURESH (HP-Cupertino,ex1)" wrote:

> I think its a cygnus issue. Because the sockscap code has not changed, but
> the cygwin code has - and the sockscap source code is not as open source as
> the cygnus code,

Yes.  It is and must be -- but perhaps the sockscap owners don't
understand that.  By linking to the cygwin1.dll, the sockscap code is
required to be open source.  If you cannot obtain the source from them,
then it is because the owners are VIOLATING cygwin's license.

They MUST release the code -- if they don't, I'm sure Red Hat's lawyers
would love to talk with them.

--Chuck