Problems compiling lynx2-8-4

Kevin Wright kevin@wright.org
Tue Feb 13 19:57:00 GMT 2001

Ok. I got inspired to attempt to compile my own lynx.

However, I had to make a few changes (I'll send a patch later) but got
stuck on this during linking:

LYMainLoop.o(.text+0xe5ec):LYMainLoop.c: undefined reference to
`string_short'

When I looked at the code, it looks like this is needed for:

/* Show the URL & kanji code . */

I managed to comment this code out so it now compiles but I wonder where I
can get string_short from? A google search showed my the lynx-dev mailing
archives that said it was externed but that didn't help.

In any case, if anyone is interested, I could make it available.
This version looks for terminfo files in /usr/share/terminfo.

Also, since it is built with the cygncurses5.dll, is smaller than the old
version.

-rwxrwxrwx   1 kwright  Administ  1244672 Feb 13 19:43 lynx.exe

$ cygcheck ./lynx.exe
./lynx.exe
  C:\WINNT\System32\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll