Mutt w/ minimal Cygwin install

Duke Normandin 01031149@3web.net
Fri Feb 9 21:09:00 GMT 2001

Hi....

New to list!

I want to run Mutt with a minimal Cygwin install -- can it be done? I have
all the Cygwin DLLs, bash, ncurses, mutt, terminfo.

I have it kind of half-ass working, except for Mutt choking when it wants
to write to a file (e.g., postponed, or sent, etc) -- something about
being unable to lock or unlock the file in question. I noticed that in the
cygwin directory tree, there's a mutt_dotlock (or something) executable. I
suspect that I need to use this, but can't figure out how.

Anyway -- help, advise, comments -- let me have them, please! and BTW,
this is all happening on a win95 box. You cygwin/mutt hackers -- throw in
any "gotchas" that I might need to know about before they bite me. Tia...

-duke
Calgary,Alberta, Canada