Problem with opengl.dll

Andre Bleau bleau@igb.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 7 08:07:00 GMT 2001

>Hello everybody,
>
>I recently installed the latest Cygwin on my NT machine and tried to
>port a program which uses openGL. It built without problems but when I
>run it complained that it couldn't find opengl.dll. I had a look and
>found an opengl32.dll in my winnt/system32 folder. I simply renamed it
>and tried again. Now the program complains that it can't find the entry
>point for "GetPixelFormat" in opengl.dll
>
>Obviously I'm doing something wrong :-(
>Is opengl32.dll actually a different library from opengl.dll, and if yes
>where can I get it ? Could it be a version problem, because the program
>I try to compile is already 2-3 years old ?
>
>Any hints are welcomed.
>

>         Axel Kowald

 From /usr/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt:

Linking of code calling OpenGL, GLU, GLUT

Add -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 to your link command.

GetPixelFormat is not a fonction in OpenGL. Use wglGetPixelFormat.

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL maintainer.

André Bleau, ing.

email: bleau at igb dot umontreal dot ca
(Fight SPAM: encode your email-address)