Bash & cygwin console control

Matt Minnis mminnis@prefres.com
Fri Feb 2 09:46:00 GMT 2001

Is there a way to make the top four lines on the console be in a "virtual
window" so that the scrolling text goes "underneath" the top 4 lines?
Can this be done with ANSI terminal controls or does this need to be done
by cygwin?

I think I remember doing something like this a long time ago, when it was
console or CGA graphics only.
Of course I can't find my code, and ANSI is on the net in too many places
to get a good search find for this.

Thanks,

Matt

Preferred Resources          (314) 567-7600 phone
701 Emerson rd.              (314) 993-6699 fax
Suite 475                      mminnis@prefres.com
St. Louis, MO
63141